Stilettos to Aristotle’s Favorite Five
As I was getting ready this morning I realized that there are a few products that I just absolutely adore and refuse to live without. So I thought I would share them with you!
1. THE BATHERY DUAL-SIDED FACIAL SPONGES Price: $3.49 Where I buy it: Target Why I love it: This affordable facial sponge acts as an exfoliator, removing dead skin cells and leaving my face soft and pores clean. It gently buffs the skin and polishes the face. I use it every night! Just wash your face first with your typical facial cleanser to remove dirt and makeup, then rinse. Lather and apply facial cleanser a second time, but before you rinse, wet the sponge and work in a circular motion all over the face. And don’t be afraid to add a bit of pressure for a deeper clean. Then rinse a final time. (Dermatologist Tip: you should always wash your face twice, consecutively at the end of the day.)
2. AVEENO CLEAR COMPLEXION BB CREAM BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30 Price: $14.99 Where I buy it: Target Why I love it: I have used this tinted face moisturizer for years, and nothing compares in greatness. This amazing lotion not only moisturizes, but also has unparalleled coverage. I have very uneven, splotchy, red, sensitive skin. This acts as a fabulous primer on weeks where my skin is broken out, yet acts a full coverage foundation on weeks my skin is clear. I also have keratosis pilaris on my arms, and during tank-top season this lotion is a life saver.
3. REVLON COLORBURST BALM STAIN Price: $5.99 Where I buy it: Target Why I love it: It feels like chapstick and lasts for hours! What could be better? I have also used this lip stain for years and have yet to find one comparable. Clinique’s Chubby Stick is similar in feel, but lacks the “stain” part, which is what makes the color last for hours. It doesn’t get on my teeth, the way some heavy lipsticks do, and the color selection is fantastic. I have at least five different shades, but my favorite is “Smitten.” (Warning: color shades are true to outside tube – women, please stop being afraid to put color on your lips!)
4. TRESEMME THERMAL CREATIONS HEAT TAMER SPRAY Price: $3.99 Where I buy it: Target Why I love it: I have used countless “heat protectants” over the years, but there are many reasons I always go back to this one. Firstly it leaves no residue on the hair, it doesn’t make it heavy, wet, or sticky. It has a nice, soft smell. And it works! I ALWAYS style my hair with a blow dryer and curling iron and my hair rarely gets a rest. But every eight weeks when I go in for a trim, my hair stylist only has to shape and a do a bit of trimming. And my hair is the longest it’s ever been!
5. MOROCCAN OIL TRATMEANT Price: $43.00 Where I buy it: Beauty Brands Why I love it: This is the original and authentic moroccan oil. Yes, the price point is steeper, but it is worth every shiny penny. Plus, a full-size bottle will last at least a year, if not longer. Like I said before, I have long hair and a lot of it. And I style it everyday. This oil is a lifesaver. The smell is AMAZING, like I want to apply it all over my body except that it’s too expensive. It doesn’t make the hair oily at all (although perhaps some people need reminding that these oils do not need to be applied to the scalp). It helps drastically tame frizz and adds a beautiful shine. I use 1-2 pumps and apply it to the bottom half of my hair (wet and/or dry).