Ginger Citrus Chicken
You're going to love this light and fresh dish with a twist of Asian flair! You can exchange the veggies for whatever you have on hand, but the broccoli and sweet corn work well with this particular marinade. Best part? This should only take about 30 minutes to prepare (not including your marinade time).
1 lb. chicken thighs (boneless, skinless, fat trimmed)
2 c. broccoli
1/2 c. corn
2 c. jasmine rice
1/2 bottle honey citrus marinade
1 tsp. crushed ginger
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tbsp. avocado oil
salt + pepper to taste
1. PREP THE CHICKEN: Salt and pepper the chicken thighs, poke them with a fork, and throw them in a gallon zip lock bag with about 1/2 bottle of the Honey Citrus Marinade. (Optional: you can make your own marinade, but I found this gem at Wal-Mart and think it's delicious and simple.) Marinade chicken for as long as you can, but at least a couple of hours is best.
2. BAKE THE CHICKEN: Arrange chicken thighs on a foiled and greased cookie sheet and bake at 400* for about 30 minutes. They should have a nice light brown shade on the top where the honey caramelized. Cut a thigh open to make sure it's cooked through.
3. MAKE VEGGIES: Warm the avocado oil, ginger, and garlic in a pan on medium heat. Once that becomes aromatic, add the broccoli and toss. Salt and pepper to taste (I use a lot more black pepper than you might think you need.) Make sure the broccoli is coated, add a bit more oil if needed. You can add a tbsp. or so of water to the pan to make sure the broccoli steams to cook desired firmness. Once the broccoli is about done, add the corn and a drizzle of the Honey Citrus Marinade. Stir to combine and cook an additional few minutes to make sure the flavors are melded.
4. MAKE RICE: Follow instructions on your frozen or fresh rice and cook accordingly. I love this frozen jasmine rice from Trader Joe's, it's quick and easy, microwaves in 3 minutes.
5. PLATE & SERVE: Once chicken is finished, plate your rice, topped with veggies, and the finished with chicken.
(Serving size: 2-3)